This year, rather than having a tryout at U10, we want to offer everyone quality training and development. From the trainings, the DA Staff will select the top 11-12 players from the boys side and the girls side (using the U11 tryout evaluation sheets). Those players will then compete in possibly two summer tournaments, as well as an advanced competition league in the fall. They will train the majority of the year, in preps for the U11 Advanced Competition tryout. The pool of players that will be developing at a higher level will grow this year and produced a better feed for our U11 programs. Every player within our U10 summer program will receive and evaluation sheet.
The goal of the U8/U9 program is to develop player’s skill set, confidence with the ball and overall individual talent. This will prepare them for the U10 program, the opportunity to play against like skill levels and competition, as well as prepare them for the U11 Advanced Competition tryouts.
• Starting June 4th, we will train on Mon and Wed for 12 weeks during the summer. Each training will be an hour and a half.
• The U10’s selected will compete in the Clash at the Border and possibly a tournament in Pasco (mid July) or a tournament in August in Oregon.
• $300 for the 12 weeks. $100 per month. Includes training shirt. Fall session is FREE for all CWSA members! Winter - $150, Spring $100
• We will focus on individual development and confidence with the ball.
• Register with CWSA Rec, U10’s fees will be applied to DA, if selected to Fall team. Players not selected will be group on Rec teams.
• Each training will consist of juggling control with both feet, ball mastery, striking/passing technique.
• Each week will have a certain topic of focus
• We will allow the players to apply what they have learned with scrimmages at the end of each training
• Staff will be made up of Premier level coaches, so your player will develop quality technique
• Registration available at www.cwsoccer.com, under Registration
• For more information, contact Dan Macaya at YouthDevelopment@cwsoccer.com